Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Yes, I am Alive and Ready to Continue Blogging!

I can't believe it has been a week since I returned home. Life has been crazy since the night I landed at DCA! It has been SO wonderful to see so many of my friends, be in my home (which I LOVE) and luv on my pup Abby!

It has been VERY difficult to figure out what I do everyday. It is bazaar... I feel like I have stepped into a past life...somebody else's life. Don't get me wrong, it is a great life! I live in the same place, surrounded by the same wonderful people, work in this great place that I created...but I am a different person. I am struggling to find the right balance.

I lost two more pounds my first week and and have found them this week... I just want to get through December...at LEAST maintaining my loss and the muscle tone that I worked so hard to develop. December makes me nervous for all the obvious reasons...welcome home get togethers, holidays, catch-up sessions, etc. I am, however, very confident that I will take off the next 35 come January. I can envision the new life -- I just need to put it into play.

On the positive side.... I have had some GREAT workouts since I am home. I have worked out with my trainer (Adrien at Fitness on the Run) three times and done some classes at Sport and Heath in the OT. Such a difference from my old workouts here at home!!! Also on Saturday, I spent about 8 hours trying on every piece of clothing that was in my closet. VERY little fit me. It was not until I did this that I realized just how much weight (and inches) I have lost. BIG emotional impact. I will close this post by sharing a few pics....

First, my "before and after" of my face (someday I might show all of the pics...but for now, just my face) ( WARNING: These pics are SANS MAKE-UP!!)
















Next, pics of me trying on old clothing and the MOUND of clothing that no longer fits!!!












And last, some pics since I have been home at my welcome home gathering











3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!LOVE IT!!! You are well on your way and we will try not to temp you when you are with your family for the holidays. You are well on your way and look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the befor and after of your face. You look so much younger and happier. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete