Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Zone Schmone...

Well...I WAS in the Zone until I went out to dinner last night with a few of my Forum guys (Entreprenuer's group) and ate....wait for it....a 10 oz beef tenderloin!! Of course, I also washed it down with a few glasses of wine. WHO needs 10oz of beef at one sitting?????

What I did right...
I did not touch the fresh basket of bread that was brought to the table. I did not order one of the butter-laden dishes that this restaurant is known for...nor did I order one of their supremely delicious pasta dishes. I asked the waiter if there was a smaller filet option and was told no. I ordered a green salad with dressing on the side and just used balsamic vinegar and a dash of olive oil.

What I will correct in the future...
I should have either ordered the salmon (grilled, no butter) OR cut the tenderloin in half when it arrived at the table and put it in a to-go box (or had them do this in the kitchen).

The good news is that I burned so many calories during my workout yesterday that I still did not exceed my daily calorie goal. I will also spend some QT with my treadmill today...just to be on the safe side!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment