Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I know I can, I know I can, I know I can...

I have officially moved from "think" to "know". I can't explain the how or why...but I woke up this morning just KNOWING that I could do the Bike, Hike, Bike...KNOWING that I can make it to my goal weight...KNOWING that I can maintain an active healthy lifestyle.

The BHB was amazing. I had completely head-tripped myself into believing that I couldn't do it...and I not only did it...I led the pack and finished it in THREE hours!!! To be fair...I only lead the pack that I left the gym with, while two of the more fit people had left early....they would have smoked me on the mountain (but I can beat them on bike :-) )!

I can't remember if I have described the BHB -- it is a 15 mile bike ride, then a one mile straight up hill on bike, then a 4 mile hike (climbing up almost 1,000 feet in the first mile), then a 15 mile ride home. It is the same hike that I have done in the past...however in the past I was driven to and from in a van! Here are some pics from the hike...






Since I was pretty far ahead of my group, I did the entire trip by myself. I really enjoyed it...riding along the beach, hiking to the top of the mountain where you can see LA, the oceanfront and all of the beautiful homes...but most of all, I enjoyed just appreciating what I am now capable of doing! I just got such a kick out of the fact that me...lazy, lay on the couch, don't like to sweat, don't like the bugs outside, not athletic Jane... was out there just doing it, doing it well, and enjoying it!! Granted, the bugs still suck.

So many people here are afraid to go home. They want to stay in this safe environment and don't trust themselves with their own lives. I can't wait to start my new life at home! This is how I always have wanted to live and now I KNOW I can!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Jane. So inpsiring. Nice to hear you redefining yourself. And yes, you can do it...and yes, bugs SUCK!

    ReplyDelete