Monday, November 2, 2009

ONE MONTH - Stats

I have survived one month....one more to go. Today, my friend Adrien came to visit from DC. It was SO good to see a familiar face!!! She hung out and worked out with me for a few hours today and she will do the same tomorrow...just the boost I needed! Thanks A!!

Okay...here is a rundown of some of my achievements...granted, this is more for myself to go back and read on really hard days, than it is for you all!

THE NUMBERS:
  • 15 pounds ...lost 6 last week!!!
  • I am getting dunked again tomorrow to see how many actual pounds of fat I have lost and how many pounds of lean muscle I have gained
  • 20 inches...gone!!

HAVE NOT DONE OR HAD IN ONE MONTH:
  • No alcohol
  • No caffeine (no coffee, tea, diet sodas...you got it)
  • No artificial sweeteners
  • No processed food
  • No sweets
  • No fried food (yes...that includes french fries)
  • Have not worn make-up (yay!)
  • Have not worn anything but workout clothes (except jeans and a t-shirt once) (also very nice!)
  • Have not worn heels or even shoes -- only sneaks and flops (very, very nice!)
  • Have not slept past 7:30 AM (usually up at 6 or 6:30)
  • Have not gone to bed past 10:00 PM (usually in bed at 9:00PM)

WHAT I HAVE DONE IN ONE MONTH
  • Worked out EVERYDAY (except yesterday) - typically for 5-7 hours
  • Been very sore, stiff and had minor injuries (see bullet #1)
  • Discovered muscles that have remained unknown to me for 42 years
  • SWEAT more than I even thought humanly possible
  • Improved my strength -- upper and lower body and core (yay core!)
  • Improved my endurance (still working on it...but it is improving)
  • Gained an understanding of my heart rate patterns and how to manage them (even w/o a monitor)
  • Stuck to my eating plan...no cheats... started at 1500 calories per day...rapidly moved down to 1200
  • Learned how much I am capable of doing (physically)
  • Become a cyclist
  • Focused only on myself and my goals...finally
  • Learned, and now cherish, the value of a good night's sleep
  • Found my inner athlete
...and did I mention... 15 pounds and 20 inches....Buh-Bye!!

Thanks for sharing in my ups and downs and helping me get through my first month. You will never know how much your support helps me get through the hard times!!!! I raise my glass of unsweetened tea to you all...and toast to great month and an even better month ahead!!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! FANTASTIC!!! TERRIFIC!!!
    I am so proud of you for sticking to it and going after what you want. You always could do anything you put your mind to. Keep up the good work. Thanks to Adrien for being such a true friend and supporter. She is a real doll. Love always, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, great job. So many positives! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MORE THAN AMAZING!!! I am so impressed and proud and excited for you. Go Jane Go! I just love all the great results. The list of things you have not done is just amazing. I don't make it 2 days on some of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Very Jealous. Congrats...Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete