Thursday, November 19, 2009

Taking on the Coast

I woke up at about 3:00 AM with insane cramps in my rigth calf...so that pretty much nixed my plan to do the BHB. I did however do the bike part. I rode up to the mountain that we hike...which involved getting up a long, steep street that leads to the base of the mountain...it was a wicked bi#*%!! Then for some reason...I think it was guilt...I decided to take on the coast. I knew I needed to burn more calories so I rode back down the street and proceeded to ride all the way from Palisades to Manhattan Beach -- I later found out I rode 44 miles!

As a result of my adventure, I am so miserably sore that I had to make it an early day. I felt like hell ...sore, achy, freezing...I came home took a hot shower and crawled in bed. I keep telling myself that this is what my body needed...but another voice in my head keeps mocking and taunting me about my crappy weigh in and the fact that I am not close to my goal. BTW, weighed this morning and have only lost one pound so far this week...which means unless something mystical happens, my Monday weigh in is going to low again. This place is making me crazy...on what planet is a 44 mile bike ride NOT ENOUGH?????

1 comment:

  1. Oh, honey! I am so sorry. No consolation but you are home so soon and WE will drive you crazy in No time! Hang in there. Know we are all with you in more ways than one! xo

    ReplyDelete