Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Picking up the Pace!

Whew...I hiked that mountain so fast you'd think there was a Neiman's having a Last Call shoe sale at the top!! I shaved another 12 minutes off my time to the top. It felt really good and my legs were strong the entire time. Of course Mariah was JOGGING in front of me...yes, UP the mountain....but still, it was my personal best.

I had a posture and alignment class today. It is amazing...the coach worked with me for a half hour and completely opened up my lower back and hips. Then she put each leg in traction for 15 minutes which completely re-aligns the body. I try to have this class at least once a week. I have also asked for the coach to send me all the exercises so that I can do them at home.

The rest of my day was pretty easy which is a good thing because I have been going pretty hard this week. Tomorrow is looking challenging as well. Now that I am doing well on the hike, my next big challenge is Bike, Hike, Bike (see description in one of my previous posts). I think I am going to try the "Bike" part of it tomorrow to see if I can handle it. I am only worried about the very last part of it which is a long street leading up the mountain that is entirely uphill.

Almost done with week 6.... the weeks are starting to go a little faster. I can't wait to come home and see everyone. I hate being so far away from all my peeps!!! Hope everyone is doing well!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the climb.

    Can't wait to see all your "stuff" (all the exercises, workouts, recommendations) when you get back.

    Only a few more weeks...make 'em count!

    ReplyDelete