Friday, November 6, 2009

Stairway to ...the Weekend

Every Friday we do the Santa Monica Stairs (SMS). I had to sit out last week due to my calf injury. I did pretty well today, but my calf started hurting about halfway through. I searched the Internet to find some pictures of the SHS so you could see them...these don't do them justice because you can't capture all 180 of them in one photo, but you can get the idea. I completed eight trips today (down from my best of nine...but my leg hurt).




I had a progress meeting with my coach today. She and I are working on a program for when I get home. She also told me to start taking Sundays off ...YAY! I am very glad I switched to her as my coach...she is great.


Also on the schedule today was a bike ride. It was the typical ride to Manhattan Beach (20 mls). Mariah and I made such good time on the ride that when the trainer got back to the gym(they usually ride with the slowest person), he said that he wants to create a new ride for us that will challenge us more. He wants to have the van drop us off way down the coast and for the three of us to ride back...for FOUR hours!! Ugh....although, I bet it will be beautiful.


On a sad note, one of my closest friends here left today. I already miss her. She lost 38 pounds in 7 weeks. She still has a significant amount to lose, but the difference in her before and after pics was amazing. I need to get used to people that I like leaving...the closer Thanksgiving comes, the fewer of my friends will be around. I started taking a poll today and so far I know of only 6 people who will be here that week. I'll be in my home stretch by then so maybe it won't matter as much.

I hope everyone is settling in for a nice weekend!!






No comments:

Post a Comment