Sunday, October 18, 2009

Breaking in the Giant!

Have I mentioned that I LOVE Sundays??? I slept in until 8:15 (yes, sadly, that is my new definition of sleeping in), then had a two hour workout at the gym which was my only required workout today. After lunch I decided it was time to break in the "Giant" (new bike), so I went on a 25 mile bike ride with a few of the other campers along the beach...I loved it. Did not even feel like a workout even though I burned more than I did in my two hour gym workout!! My bike is great. I have another ride on my schedule for tomorrow.

So...I have been trying to figure out how to describe the people here. They basically fall into four categories.

1) Paying Their Own Way and Serious

This is the group that attend everything on their schedule, eat exactly what they are told to eat and actually add additional workouts. This group consists of people in their mid thirties to the few old farts like me. (there are only five of us in our forties...across all of these categories!!)

2) Paying Their Own Way and Lazy (or just not focused)

These are the people that I REALLY don't understand. These people are also in their mid-thirties to mid forties. They have paid their own way, left their lives and families...and just half-ass it...if the show up at all!! They only go to the activities that appeal to them. Hopefully, I will never fall into this category.

3) On Mom & Dad's Tab

This group is largely made up of twenty-somethings into early thirty somethings. This is the largest group here...probably 2/3 of the members (or "campers"). Sometimes they show up, sometimes they work but for the most part they just don't care. They are a bunch of tiddie babies (an expression taught to me by Patti, one of my high school/college friends -- it is a "dd" instead of a "tt" due to the Texan accent). All they do is whine and complain. They stay up all night hanging out at the apartments and gossiping about who likes who, who said what, and who is sleeping together. What is REALLY frustrating is they lose weight faster than I can gain it!!! Youth!!!

4) Pseudo Celebs - Not Paying AT ALL

I think I have mentioned this group before...beauty queens, actors, athletes. The owner lets these types come and go as they please and thinks it makes good marketing sense. They don't bother me all that much. I just realized that one of them is Matt from the Bachelor from a few seasons ago -- he was the British one that pick the Lamos girl. No where near as good looking as he thinks he is!!

So that is a general (very) recap. While I am friendly to everyone, I mainly either keep to myself or to a few people who are in the first group. It is so important for me to remain focused and keep my environment positive. I try to surround myself with people who are a little more advanced so that I keep pushing myself.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Weigh-in and fitness test tomorrow at 7:30 AM!! Wish me luck, say some prays, do a weight loss dance.....you get the idea!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jane
    Two weeks in and you sound like a new woman already... 25 mile bike ride?! Man, i'm impressed!
    Your blog posts are fantastic. I am trying to lot in weekly to read what you're up to. While you are already an inspiration to people there, i think that's only a drop compared to the inspiration you are going to be in the months and years ahead.
    Just shows you how much people crave someone who has found their courage and is reclaiming their power.
    Keep up the phenomenal work... this is only the beginning! margie x

    ReplyDelete