Friday, October 16, 2009

The Little Things...

Today, one of the newer women here at camp told me that I am her workout inspiration!!! It made me feel so good! She said that she wants to be able to work as hard as I do and at the levels I am obtaining. I told her that after two weeks, she will be amazed at what she can do...and thank you of course!

I had a pretty good day. I am getting some great feedback from the trainers. Some of them are known for being really tough...I like them the best. I had three circuit trainings, an hour and a half of cardio (on my own), boxing (much fun!) and then...the Santa Monica Stairs (SMS) (cue scary music!!) The stairs where even harder today than last time because I did them last thing in the day after all my other workouts and it was HOT!! I only was able to complete 6 trips. I could have done another two, but we were out of time. On a fun note...Owen Wilson was working out on the SMS today...looks just like he does on screen...more fit than I would have thought.

After the SMS a few of us went bike shopping. I am going back tomorrow to test ride two of them - a Giant and a Razorback. If anyone knows anything about bikes or bike brands ...please give me the skinny. I am excited to get my own bike so that I can go on rides on the weekends to Santa Monica and to Manhattan Beach.

All I have left in week two is a two hour circuit training and a 2 hour beach boot camp tomorrow and a 2 hour gym circuit on Sunday. YAAAAAYYYYYYY! Then I have my next weigh in and measurements on Monday. I am already coaching myself to focus on what I am doing and not what the scale says -- he has never been my friend anyway!!

This program is so challenging and difficult (emotionally and physically) that it really is the little things -- a fellow camper or a trainer acknowledging my efforts, feeling stronger in workouts, not being so sore that I can't walk -- that get me through each day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Jane,
    You don't know me, but Mary C. is a mutual friend and she was kind enough to share your blog link. I must say, you are pretty amazing! What struck me is how quickly you seem to have adapted to 'camp' -- especially when you write that all you have left for week 2 is the 2-hour circuit training and the 2-hour boot camp...really, that's ALL? Thanks for the inspiration -- I LOVE what you are accomplishing!

    ReplyDelete