Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Survived CPK!

I took a little break from blogging this weekend so I thought I would provide a quick recap. Nothing too exciting to report.

Saturday we had 4 hours of work outs and then I came home and relaxed. Then about six of us went to California Pizza Kitchen to celebrate a birthday of one of the "campers" who I hang out with a lot. I did my homework prior to going out and did very well at my first restaurant challenge. I ordered the BBQ Chicken Salad (which is one of my favorites) -- I ordered a half portion with the dressing on the side and a club soda with lime. I only ate half of the salad and was satisfied. Everyone else at the table ordered PIZZA!! And sodas!!!! And dessert!!!! The woman whose birthday it was had calculated the calories she was going to consume and "saved" that amount through the day and day before. Everyone else...well, that's between them and the scale!

Today, we only had two hours of workouts (yay!!). I took the rest of the day OFF! I had a long week and have been really stiff and sore (and still am today). So, I took the rest of the day to chill. I caught up on some work, talked with some friends and family and did laundry...I even took a little nap!!

I am headed to bed in hopes of getting a full nine hours! Weigh in tomorrow morning...positive thoughts....positive thoughts...positive thoughts...

Oh .... as a P.S. ... In our nutrition class on Friday I learned that not only does alcohol slow your metabolism (which I knew), it slows it for up to 72 hours!!!!! I guess that means that my metabolism might pick back up right around my 75th birthday!

2 comments: