Saturday, October 10, 2009

I have a new boyfriend...

...his name is Icy Hot! And he is a DREAM!!! Today was a lighter day -- 2 hour beach boot camp (which everyone said was easier than usual...THANK YOU LORD!!) and 2 hours of circuit training. I am still crazy sore and am walking around like a 95 year old. Hopefully, I'll start feeling better by Monday when things get intense again. I got home around 3:30 today and had a chance to actually connect with some family and friends on the phone....much needed!! I miss my people!!! And don't get me started on my sweet baby. I had one of my throws sent from home and it smells like her -- makes me happy and sad at the same time!

The food is actually pretty good. They have us eating every 3-4 hours. I get to chose 4 meals from 6 options provided and then I get one protein shake. The options have been good -- lots of fish, chicken and other lean proteins plus a carb (rice, couscous, quinoa, potatoes) and veggies. Today they provided a sandwich bar at the gym between workouts -- it was yummy! Every option for a sandwich you could imagine...put Subway to shame. I had roast beef, marinated mushrooms, roasted red peppers and some kind of yummy sun dried tomato spread on wheat bread! My last meal tonight is a curry chicken with rice and veggies. I might have a different opinion after I have been eating their meals for several weeks...but for now...so far so good!

One note about food prep that is not so pleasant. They enhance several foods with protein. Whatever they are using really STINKS! There is this constant odor from food that is left in the fridge at the gym....and it just lingers throughout our lounge area (by "lounge" I mean a cement floored room with a couple of tables for meals and a couple of leather couches that look like they were picked up for a steal at a garage sale). Even worse....think of all the smelly people eating all this protein...that and the combined sweat of all those people! I am a long way from 612 S. Washington!!

That all for tonight....want to get 10 hours of sleep/recovery before tomorrow's workout!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like whey protein. I hate that stuff. Robb drinks whey shakes and leaves the containers in the sink -- stiiinkkkyy.

    ReplyDelete