Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sleep is a Wonder Drug!

Wow...I slept about 15 hours yesterday!! I woke up this morning recharged, feeling good and ready to go!! I think my body was trying to tell me...HELLO...can we get a break here?!? So today I tackled all level 2-3 workouts and did pretty darn well, if I do say so myself!! I was most proud of Cardio Boot Camp. I did the ENTIRE workout without breaks and at the levels and intensity that the trainer was calling out!!! Thanks for the pep talk via e-mail Koren!

That success set the tone for a very positive day. I didn't even mind my meeting with the therapist. She is actually starting to listen more and get to know me...therefore being able to provide better insights that are helpful.

The last workout of the day was a 90 minute boot camp. None of the men scheduled to attend showed up, so it was a group of six women. All six of these women are the people that I have started getting close to here at camp. We are all in the same boat and are serious about the program. Most of them will be here for close to my entire duration. One woman is leaving this Friday. She came to visit for a bit tonight after the workouts. She is a Brit, very witty and endearing. She runs a similar facility back in the UK. Her program seems to be more intimate with only 8 guests at a time. We talked for awhile about running our own businesses and the toll it can take on our personal life and taking care of ourselves. We even discussed longer term strategies to overcome those challenges. I like her...sad that she is leaving on Friday.

Well...I am going to hit the hay...have to climb the mountain tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe people just don't show up! Paying all that money to skip classes? Think those are the people who will not succeed long term.

    Glad my email helped :) Meant every word.

    ReplyDelete